Make a Difference!
Whether serving on the Board or giving support to a vulvar pain patient, contributing to the newsletter or working on an event, there are many ways you can get involved in Vulvodynia Matters.
As a new and growing nonprofit organization, V-Matters welcomes and needs the involvement of volunteers with a variety of talents, skills, and abilities. Volunteers provide valuable input torganizational leadership and help us develop useful and relevant programs.
Opportunities exist to serve on the Board or on one of the Committees listed below. Each Committee supports the goals of Vulvodynia Matters to help provide valuable services to women with vulvar pain who need help.
Other short- and long-term services and projects are also available.
If you are interested in getting involved, please call Board Member Raquel Perlis at 781-237-9006.
Assist in developing a sustainable model for group support, one-on-one support, or other forms of patient support.
Assist in the development and implementation of the Fundraising Plan; identify and solicit funds from external sources of support. Work on gift processing and policy and gift acknowledgement. Assist with grant research and writing.
Develop and maintain Web site, including writing site content, uploading content, and basic site maintenance. Develop and write newsletter content.
Recommend ways to offer educational information, whether through workshops, events, conferences, printed materials, the Web site, and/or other methods.
Additional Volunteer Activities
- Coordinate a service, program, or event
- Coordinate volunteers
- Maintain Web site or Social Media sites
- Host a support group
- Write content for the Web site
- Write content for the newsletter
- Develop and assemble publicity packets
- Help out at an event (distribute materials, set up and break down space, coordinate food, other tasks depending on event)
- Help out with administrative tasks: data entry, stuffing envelopes, updating provider list, updating patient resource guide